Inbox Repair Tool (aka Scanpst.exe) is an inbuilt application available as a part of Microsoft Office suit for the purpose of repairing corrupted PST files of MS Outlook. (You may be known about the fact that PST files are the key elements in managing personal data related to MS Outlook program) Here you can find out how to locate Scanpst.exe file on your computer and the way in which this program execute in order to repair a PST file.
If you detect corruption on your PST file, you can search on your computer for finding the location of Scanpst.exe file. Sometimes you may not find that program by running an ordinary search. Then you have to find that program manually. The Scanpst.exe location may differ according to various Outlook versions.
Now, where is Scanpst.exe located on various Outlook versions?
Locations of Scanpst.exe on Different Outlook Versions
Outlook 2013: For 32 bit- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\
For 64 bit- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\
Outlook 2010: For 32 bit- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\
For 64 bit- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\
Outlook 2007: For 32 bit- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\
For 64 bit- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\
Outlook 2003: For 32 bit- C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID>\
For 64 bit- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID>\
Outlook 2000: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\<locale ID>\NT\
Known Problems of Scanpst.exe Tool
However finding of Scanpst.exe location may not always help you to fix all corruption problems of PST files. Sometimes it may intensify the corruption too. If you are not technically proficient, it may be difficult for you to fix PST corruption also. In such situations you can stop using this utility can try Scan PST fix software for fixing corruption associated with PST files.
Main Reasons that can Cause PST Corruption
- Malicious programs such as viruses and worms are a main threat to PST files stored on a computer. These programs are designed to corrupt the structure of a PST file in a catastrophic manner.
- If you encounter any errors while upgrading MS Outlook version, it can cause corruption to a PST file.
- The improper termination of Microsoft Outlook program while working on PST files can result in the corruption of PST files.
- PST files can also get corrupt while sending or receiving those files over a network. Network failures, sudden power surge, etc. are the main boosters behind this corruption.
Till certain extent, the scenarios described here can get resolved by the use of Scanpst.exe. First you have to find Scanpst.exe file location as described in this article and you should use the repair option on this software to fix corrupted PST file. If this tool also gets failed in resolving such issues, you can make use of Scan PST Fix.
Features of Scan PST Fix
- You can utilize Scan PST Fix for repairing even password protected PST files in a perfect way.
- This tool can completely recover your emails, notes, appointments, tasks, RSS feeds, calendar events, etc. in a much easier way that Scanpst.exe
- A nominal disk space of 50 MB is required for installation of this software on Windows computers. Minimum RAM required is only 1 GB. This tool supports both 64 and 32 bit Windows computers.
- You can use this tool for PST repair of Outlook versions such as Outlook 2000. Outlook 2003, Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2007.
This software is digitally signed and scanned for removing any occurrence of malicious program code.