If you are facing the same situation where you have lost the files from Western Digital Passport external hard drive then don’t get panic. In such situation, you can use the Western Digital Recovery software to recover data from corrupted WD passport with great ease. There is some error message which you may get when your WD Passport gets corrupt.
- Corrupted or unreadable disk
- Could not unmount disk
- WD My Password is not Initializing
- USB devise not recognized
Reasons responsible for corruption of WD Passport:
- Improper ejection of Western Digital Passport from the system may lead to corruption of it.
- Connecting WD Passport drive to a virus infected system
- Using unauthorized third party applications to resize WD Passport drive will make it inaccessible
- Using same WD Passport drive on different OS
If you have suffered from above-mentioned scenarios then you need to use any data recovery software like Western Digital Recovery software will make your task easy. Using this tool, you can also recover files from corrupted WD Passport in below-mentioned situation:
- The file system is shown as “RAW”.
- If system displays, “Sector not found” message
- When WD Passport external drive runs very slowly and freezing continually.
Tips to Follow:
- Avoid to connect WD Passport external drive to virus infected system
- Avoid to use the same external device on different OS.
- Use appropriate “ejection” option to WD Passport remove external hard drive from system
Features of Western Digital Recovery software:
- Western Digital Recovery software can recover data from corrupted or damaged, deleted, lost, formatted WD Passport external drive on all versions of Windows OS such as Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 8.1, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2008. You can follow this link to perform WD Passport data recovery in simple clicks: http://www.westerndigitalrecovery.net/data-from-corrupted-wd-passport.html
- It also recovers files from corrupted WD Passport drive on all version of Mac operating system such as Leopard, Mavericks, Snow Leopard, Lion, Yosemite, Mountain Lion, etc.
- The software restore files without modifying to its original file.
- Apart from WD Passport, it also recovers files from various brands of hard drive such as Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, Transcend, Seagate, etc.
- The software can restore media files, pictures, documents, etc. from corrupted WD Passport external disk drive.
- It recovers files from FAT 32, FAT16, HFS, HFSX, NTFS5, NTFS, etc. file system of the hard drive.
- The software also recovers files from various hard drive interfaces such as IDE, SATA, PATA, ATA, etc.
- Using “Preview” option of the Western Digital Recovery, you can view the recovered data from WD Passport drive.