RAW image files are minimally processed pictures from the image sensors of image scanner, digital cameras etc. these images are not processed and so, not ready to be used with a bitmap graphics editor. Some of the common RAW image file format includes BAY, 3FR, CR2, CRW DCS, DSR etc. Digital cameras allow the user to capture high quality images that helps to remember the evergreen moments of our life in RAW photo format. DSLR digital cameras are something very special to any person who wishes to develop and make a mark in the field of optics or photography.
RAW images otherwise called as digital negatives as they are able to play the same role as negatives in photography. Digital cameras often use secure digital (SD) cards to store RAW images. Since the professional digital cameras produce high quality images, every click taken by the user is very precious and valuable. The loss of these images from SD cards and other storage devices will cause great trouble to users. The RAW image files are lost or deleted from the SD card due to various reasons; let us find out the most common reasons:
- Human Errors: This is one of main reason for loss of image files from SD card. User may accidently delete RAW images from SD card used in cameras, camcorders etc by selecting “Delete All” option while previewing them.
- Format Error: Many times we have noticed the error messages like “Disk needs to be formatted” after connecting SD card to a computer. Accidently following the error message will result in loss of RAW images present in the disk.
- File System Corruption: Corruption of file system in SD card will leads to in accessibility of files and in turn results in loss of data including RAW image files.
- Improper Usage of SD Card: Abrupt removal of SD card from camera while the device is in use will cause loss of data from SD card.
We can easily recover RAW images from SD card by using SD Card Recovery application unless overwritten by new data. Application is highly talented to restore all types of media files along with recovery of RAW images. Various features of this reputed application are:
- The application is very fast in RAW photo file recovery from SD card, i.e. the utility is able to scan and recover RAW images from SD card within two or three minutes.
- It is able to recover RAW images from SD card, which are permanently deleted, and those images lost due to various scenarios discussed above.
- Restored images can be compressed and saved as Zipped achieves in order to save the disk space.
- The tool not only recover RAW images from SD card, it is also efficient in recovering image files of various formats like GIF, TIF, TIFF, PNG, JPEG, JPG etc.
- It is familiar with recovering RAW image and all types of media files from memory cards, pen drives, external hard disk and various other data storage devices.